We work together as a school community to ensure that all of our children reach their potential. Our pupils are nurtured in a caring environment and the Catholic ethos of our school ensures everyone feels valued and included. Our pupils are encouraged to think of others and develop a sense of social justice for all.
St. Monica’s Primary puts the Convention on the Rights of the Child at the heart of everything we do. We want to create a school which encourages our pupils to develop as ethically enterprising individuals who through their Gospel Values become:
- Successful Learners
- Responsible Citizens
- Confident Individuals
- Effective Contributors
We aim to:
- Ensure our children, parents and staff are respected by all.
- Ensure our pupils are protected from harm and feel safe and secure.
- Ensure all of our children have the right to be educated and learn as much as they can.
- Ensure all of our pupils achieve their potential and barriers to learning are overcome in partnership with all of the school community.
- Support one another in our learning.
- Ensure all of our children have the right to freedom of thought and all religious beliefs are respected.
- Ensure our pupils views are heard and listened to.
- Ensure we promote a healthy lifestyle.
- Let our children know it is alright to make mistakes but we learn from them.
- Allow our children to have fun, relax and play with one another.
- Create a school which is clean and welcoming for all.